Sunday 18 February 2024

Peggy Bayer Match 9 - Ireland

I've not been following this match at all, as faced with another light lunch of soup (the exact same soup as yesterday) I booked myself into the Sunday Carvery. 

It was magnificent. The beef was a little dry but more than made up for by the turkey. Then I went back to get some of the more pork, and Bobby the chef came back out to carve it for me. Desert was a Bailey's cheesecake and ice cream. I couldn't finish it all.


Looking over the scores now, this board was a good one.


Kevin played 4H as North. One way the defence can beat it is with a Club ruff, another is by setting up a Spade trick. If they do both they get it two off.

But presumably they did neither, and Kevin managed to set up his Diamonds as he made 4H.

On the other table Rachel and Isla bid to 4S East-West. This is an excellent contract, and only needs Diamonds to break kindly. In fact, one of the prepared deals in my classroom in Glasgow is almost exactly like this - although in that one Diamonds are 3-2 and you can make the contract. Here we went one off, but still a good board.

Overall we lost 15-5, a similar score to against Ireland last time, and cementing us in 3rd place out of six overall.  
 




No comments:

Post a Comment