Sunday 20 February 2022

2022 Peggy Bayer Home Internationals #2

It looks like we finished 3rd, well behind Ireland in the end. 

Peggy Bayer Results

Today we overbid a bit and got doubled against England, then underbid a bit, then got it about right, bidding a lot on distributional hands only.

Before the final match I told my team there was always a slam on the last board, so Aidan had no difficulty finding the raise to 6♣ here.


South led a Diamond and that was an easy 12 tricks. It looks at first glance that on a safer lead 6♣ might fail, with both Diamond and Spade finesses offside but actually you can set up the Spades and always make it. I was impressed how quickly my team pointed that out when we were looking at the hands afterwards.

After nine rounds I'm pretty tired, so the team must be doubly so. They've played well and been a credit to Scotland. Here's 4/6 of them, with me in the corner.






No comments:

Post a Comment