Saturday 17 February 2024

Peggy Bayer Match 5 - Northern Ireland

Today it was soup for lunch. Just soup! I was waiting for the rest to come, but that was it. The soup was quite nice, but still somewhat disappointing. It was billed as a light lunch, but no one expected just soup.

I decided to walk half an hour through the countryside to the local shop, so the team had enough to eat. What did they want? "Dairy milk, crisps, and general snacks" they told me. I asked for more details. "Rachel doesn't like Salt and Vinegar crisps, but I do."


When I returned I caught up with the bridge. We did well against Northern Ireland. The highlight was this slam hand:

After South (Rachel) opened 2NT North (Kevin) transferred then drove to 6S. There were no problems in the play.

A couple of boards were played sideways (meaning Scotland declared four times) and had to be cancelled. Once that was sorted we came away with a 17-3 win, cementing 3rd place at half way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment