Tuesday 25 October 2022

Glasgow League: Rowan vs Metropole

Anna and I had a good set here, mostly in defence. I bid pretty boldly and stole a few contracts. This was our highlight:

I have a great hand as East and was poised to make a Michael's bid but instead opened 1♥. Surprisingly Anna replied 1♠ and I splintered in Clubs. My aim was now to get Anna to bid Blackwood so I could show my Club void. This all worked out well, albeit with some big pauses in the auction while we both tried to remember the responses. After my 5NT Anna knew I had a void, obviously in Clubs, so she knew her Ace there was worthless and signed off in 6♠.

This made comfortably, as it did on every other table. I've called it our highlight though as we were the only pair to investigate 7♠, and would have been able to bid it if it was there.

Overall Team Rowan lost the match 9-7.

No comments:

Post a Comment