This is the last blog entry in a series describing the basic Acol system that me and Anna play in Glasgow. Hope you're reading this Anna.
This is pretty standard.
- Reverse attitude on partner's lead.
- Standard count on declarer's lead.
- McKenny discards.
Defence to Multi 2♦
Our defence to 2♦ is a bit controversial, as we tried something else and Anna didn't like it so we've switched. This is what we've agreed on now.
- Double shows a weak NT, or 18+.
- Overcalls are natural two level overcalls.
- Once they've bid a suit doubles are takeout.
Defence to Short 1♣
Just ignore it and treat it like a normal 1♣.
Defence to Lucas Twos
Pretend it's a normal Weak Two opening (2NT overcall is 15-19 with a stop, etc.)
To finish, here's a picture of a horse stuck in a fence: